Monday 26 July 2010

Ask for me tomorrow, and you shall find me a grave man


I sort of ended up commentating while trying out my new safety razor (it's a Merkur 38C for those in the know).

me: I'm about to try and use my new razor, so I may die
Brother: why is a cutthroat?
me: if so, tell mum and dad that despite appearances, it was no suicide
Brother: is it?
me: No, it's a safety razor. Which is the worst name i.e. one that takes actual razor blades

Friend: SO, I am thinking. Perhaps it's a glorious idea to roll over to the [Staff Bar] in a bit?
me: I'm in my bathroom, I just got out of the shower. I'm wearing a self heating facemask
Friend: I see, I see. Why the facemask?
me: Oh, I had one from a set of shaving things for christmas. It seems prepping is really important. Also, I'm totally naked. How do you like that?
Friend: fantastic. I'm in my office. So I'm pretty clothed right now
me: My word, using a shaving brush is fun.
Friend: You should be blogging about this experience.
[two or three minutes pass]
me: Okay. I'm bleeding
[a few more]
Friend: bleeding already eh?
[another couple]
me: And I think we'll call that a day. Mainly I've got some big cuts around my throat. It looks good, but it's uneven to the touch. Some bits are incredibly smooth. Others have that post-mach3 bit of stubblyness. All in all, I'm calling that a massive victory.
Friend: Not bad, not bad.Not sure this music was appropriate for you man ;)

No comments: